Monday, March 27, 2006

The End

Yesterday was the final day of the Seattle Erotic Art Festival, a very successful show for me. Unfortunately my fourth piece, "Event Horizon" (above) didn't sell. But when I was picking up that piece after the show, I got several nice compliments from Festival staff, including the organizer, who said it was on her short list for purchases. She sheepishly admitted it was beat out by a print of a work by H.R. Giger, world famous erotic artist, known for his design work on the Ridley Scott's film Alien. I told her, sincerely, that was the nicest rejection I'd ever received.

No time for post-partum depression, as I am busy preparing work for the post-SEAF show at Art/Not Terminal, which opens April 8. With "Event Horizon" not selling, it actually takes a bit of pressure off, knowing at least I have that one museum-quality piece ready to submit. But because I always like to have backup, I'm having two other pieces framed as well.

Of course if anyone likes the piece above or is interested in purchasing a print of any of the work you see here on my blog, feel free to contact me.

Congratulations to all the artists in the Festival, and thanks to everyone who attended, and for the many compliments I received.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bucephalus said...

Bravo, bravo! I'm amazed "Event Horizon" didn't sell. It's stunning. But I'm glad it gets a wider showing at Art/Not. I can't wait to see what else you bring to that show.

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home