Saturday, April 22, 2006

If I Can Make It There...


And I did make it. Well, I got off the plane in Newark, if that counts. I have come to New York this weekend to attend a presentation by my good friend Robert Patrick, who was asked by La Mama ETC in NYC to give a presentation on his role in creating Off-Off-Broadway and as one of the pillars of Gay Theater.

(I didn't tell Robert I was flying across country to see him, so nobody tell, okay? Shhhhh...)

I spent the entire day yesterday, noon to 8pm, wandering around the city like Marlo Thomas in the opening credits of THAT GIRL, just drinking in all that culture. (Note to self, when going on a walking tour anywhere, don't wear combat boots. Ouch!) I did the Guggenheim Museum, and checked out the 2006 Biennial Exhibit at the Whitney Museum. Then shot some photos in Central Park and around the city. I will upload some photos here as soon as I can download them from the camera.

Today my host Kelvin and I are heading to the East Village to see Robert's presentation. Then we'll hang out a while in the Village, maybe hit the Eagle in New York or The Bike Stop in Philly, a bar (and a city) I have never visited. Then home to sleep, and back on a plane to return to Seattle on Sunday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home