Wednesday, July 09, 2014

The Illustrated Man

Self-Portrait, May 2003

Self Portrait with Larry's illustration, July 2014

I have an online crush on writer/singer/illustrator Larry Duplechan, author of the groundbreaking novel Blackbird (recently made into a film directed by Patrick Ian Polk) and other wonderful books. Last spring, I sent him a photo of myself, and he asked if he could do an illustration of it. I enthusiastically agreed and sent him a high-resolution version of the photograph.

Just this week, a print of Larry's illustration of me arrived in my mailbox. I am thrilled. Now, Larry owes me a photoshoot. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this guy, the body is perfect and the pose is fantastic, would love to see more photos of him..Love the slender, long legs and the red hair is tooo much

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home