Friday, February 13, 2015

Snapshots Before I Go







































 I moved to Seattle in 1993, though I had been visiting the city since I was 10. Somehow, I always knew I was going to live here. "Mommy, when I grow up, I want to live in the Space Needle," I said after our first family vacation trip to the Emerald City. Now, these many decades later, I contemplate possibly moving to another city, only the second city-to-city move I have ever made. In many ways Seattle is far different from the city I first called my new hometown, and particularly my neighborhood, Capitol Hill, the only place in Seattle I have lived, has changed into a place I don't want to call home anymore. I am not leaving the city, as the city already sort of left me.

But I still enjoy taking pictures as I go from errand or job or event, or just dawdling around the streets of various neighborhoods. Here are several from the past few weeks. Kind of a collection of trivial postcards, moments that happen upon my eye. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home